Good evening everybody!
The baseball season just wrapped up it's first full week and there have been a lot of surprising and not so surprising things thus far. Here are a couple that come to mind for me.
1) The Washington Nationals coming out of the gate looking like one of the best teams in baseball.
2) The Angels, who were the big spenders of the off season starting the season 3-6.
3) The Dodgers having the best record in baseball.
4) The Cardinals putting that stupid squirrel on their world series rings (YES, as a Phillies fan I am still haunted by the memories of that series).
5) 49-year-old Jamie Moyer as the number two starter for the Rockies.
Not So Surprising
1) Ozzie Guillen putting his foot in his mouth.
2) The Phillies line up looks like a bunch of 50-60 year old men...All due respect.
3) The Chicago Cubs stink!
4) Speaking of Chicago, Adam Dunn having more strikeouts than hits, that was a great move by the White Sox.
5) 49-year-old Jamie Moyer, who by the way is the number two starter for the Rockies, getting hit around in his first two starts.
Week 1 Power Rankings
1) Dodgers - Matt Kemp is picking up where he left off last season hitting .487 and leading the NL in home runs and RBI's.
2) Tigers + Verlander + Fielder + Cabrera = A lot of wins in Detroit.
3) Rangers - Looking like they are ready to become the Buffalo Bills of baseball (for those who don't know the Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls and lost all of them, the Rangers are currently at 2 World Series loses and counting).
4) Nationals - Great pitching thus far and Jayson Werth is hitting the ball!
5) Cardinals - Who needs Albert Pujols?!
I hope you all have been just as entertained with the first week as I have been and hope that they second week bring just as many if not more nuggets then the first weeks!