.

Restaurant Week By the Numbers: 2941 Restaurant

A Falls Church restaurant divulges popular trends diners choose during Restaurant Week.

2941 Restaurant in Falls Church will extend its Restaurant Week promotion through August 30th. Courtesy of 2941 Restaurant.
2941 Restaurant in Falls Church will extend its Restaurant Week promotion through August 30th. Courtesy of 2941 Restaurant.

Falls Church's 2941 Restaurant is participating in Metropolitan Washington Restaurant Week and has been experiencing a high number of reservations since the promotion began Monday.

The promotion has been so popular, Chef Bertrand Chemel says, the restaurant has decided to extend the promotion through August 30. 

“August is the perfect time to do [Restaurant Week]," Chemel told Patch. "It is a good time for people to stay [in town] and enjoy a new restaurant”

Tucked away in a quiet part of Falls Church, 2941 Restaurant is an upscale casual dining experience featuring contemporary American cuisine with French and Mediterranean influences with a view. 2941 was listed as a top five restaurant in Northern Virginia's Magazine's '50 Best Restaurants' issue in 2012. 

Chef Chemel hopes to capitalized on his restaurant's success and “maximize the clientele” by extending Restaurant Week. With special menus featuring summer fare including fresh seafood, fruit, and vegetables, 2941 has something for everyone. The menu features fresh, local produce from local farms and farmers markets.

When a restaurant is busy, how many people come in and what do they order? Chef Chemel gives a rundown of the numbers below.  

Reservations: 

So far, 2941 has seen between 200 and 300 people each night for dinner since the Restaurant Week promotion began on Monday. Friday was the busiest night so far, Chef Chemel says, with 400 people expected to dine that night. 

Lunch:

Appetizers: Chef Chemel sells approximately 100 servings for each appetizer. There are 3 total appetizers offered during lunch: heirloom tomato salad, beet salad, and chilled melon soup. 

Main courses: The Salmon a la Provencale is the most popular dish, with around 120 ordered per day. The chicken duo comes in second with 70 served per day. The yellow corn ravioli is third, with 30 to 40 served each day. 

Dinner

Main courses: The grilled pork loin is a hit during dinner with 120 to 130 orders per night. The rockfish with tomato risotto is in second, with 90 dishes served each night. The shrimp risotto is another popular staple, ranging between 80 to 110 orders per night. 

Dessert and Wine:

According to Chef Chemel, two-thirds of desserts ordered are the peaches and cream dish, featuring local peaches from Westmoreland Farms. 

As any diner knows, wine is the perfect complement to a light summer meal. 2941 Restaurant offers 20 wines ranging between $39 to $60 per bottle. Chef Chemel says that 75 percent of diners on any given night order wine by the glass, and the other 25 percent order by the bottle.

2941 is taking reservations for Restaurant Week. For more information or to make a reservation, visit http://www.2941.com/.  

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »