On the list: Vienna, Arlington, Alexandria, Herndon, Leesburg, Manassas
Not on the list: Falls Church
Here's the criteria that NerdWallet used:
- Is the city growing? Falls Church shows more than an 18 percent population growth between 2000 and 2010 according to the U.S. Census. (citydata.com shows a 27.5 percent increase between 2000 and 2012)
- Do people earn high salaries? Median income in Falls Church, in 2011, was $117,633; that is higher than any other city or town on the list.
- Are most people employed? Falls Church has a higher than average unemployment rate of 7.5 percent
1. Arlington: 4 percent
2. Fairfax County: 4.5 percent
3. Loudoun County: 4.5 percent
4. Alexandria: 4.7 percent
5. Fairfax City: 6.7 percent
6. Falls Church: 7.5 percent
Job seekers can find jobs here using Careerbuilder on Patch. You can also check on the City of Falls Church for city employment.
An email to the City Wednesday was not immediately returned, but Patch will update this story if we receive new information.