Photos in this gallery are mainly from before the event started, inside and outside The State Theatre.
A few observations while waiting for the event to start:
- Democratic candidate Marcus Simon, running for the 53rd District, which represents Falls Church in the House of Delegates, was in the house, among many other Northern Virginia Democrats. (Simon will be in a forum Tuesday in McLean.)
- Campaign music included songs by the Steve Miller Band and Jon Bon Jovi.
- A woman in the crowd fainted about 20 minutes before the event began and she was taken away by medics.
- A man shouted anti-Hillary rhetoric from his car before the event began, while waiting for a red light in front of The State Theatre. No one seemed to be able to understand what he was saying.
- A VIP tent was set up adjacent to the theatre before the event began where campaign workers met with Democrats.
- The campaign event was "sold out" (tickets were free but there were none available before it began).