Please come join us . . .
Residential Zoning in the City of Falls Church:
What’s happening in your neighborhood?
Thursday, November 29th
7:30 – 9:30 PM
The Falls Church American Legion Post 130
400 N. Oak Street
In December of 2007, our City Council appointed The Zoning Ordinance Advisory Committee (ZOAC) comprised of nine Falls Church City residents and charged to study the current City Zoning code and to make recommendations for improvement. This group deliberated for three years and reported its recommendations to the City Council in early 2011.
You are invited to an evening question-and-answer session with representatives of the Zoning Ordinance Advisory Committee and the Planning Commission – co-hosted by Citizens for a Better City (CBC) and the Falls Church Republican and Democratic Committees and sponsored by American Legion Post 130.
CBC and the Falls Church Republican and Democratic committees seek to engage members of the community in local forums that will examine crucial issues facing the city. We hope this will be one of many. Please make plans to join us and bring a friend.
Our Presenters will be:
John Murphy, Chairman of The ZOAC and former Chairman of the Falls Church Board of Zoning Appeals.
Dan Maller, former Falls Church City Councilman and ZOAC member
Bob Loftur-Thun, former Falls Church City Planning Commissioner and ZOAC member
Rob Meeks, Falls Church City Planning Commissioner
The questions they will address include:
- What problems were the City Council seeking to solve by launching this zoning re- write effort?
- How did the Committee’s recommendations address those concerns and how will they change the status quo and with what consequences?
- What review process have the city governing bodies observed regarding these recommendations and what is the likely range of outcomes?
- What is the current status of these recommendations?
- And importantly – Your questions.
For more information contact: SALLY EKFELT at email@example.com,