.

Update: Falls Church Fire Caused by Bedroom Fan

Firefighters extinguished a house fire in Falls Church this morning in about 10 minutes.

(Updated 3:15 p.m., Sept. 5): The fire on the second floor of 4468 Kerns Road was caused by an oscillating fan in a bedroom, fire department officials said Wednesday.

Dan Schmidt, spokesman for the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department, said officials received a call around 7:40 a.m. 

"It was quickly brought under control and extinguished in about 10 minutes," Schmidt said. 

One person has been discplaced as a result of the fire, which caused less than $50,000 in damage.

---

Fairfax County firefighters responded to a house fire on at 4468 Kerns Road in Falls Church on Wednesday morning. 

Around 7:40 a.m. Wednesday, fire engines responded to the scene of the fire. Smoke was visible from a fire on the second floor of the residence.

The fire closed off a section of the road, requiring traffic to use detours to reach Annandale Road. 

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something