The expected snow left a winter wonderland Thursday night across Northern Virginia, but looks can be deceiving: Be careful walking and driving!
Falls Church City Public Schools were already scheduled to be closed this week for the holidays with students returning to school Monday, Jan. 6.
The operating status for Friday, Jan. 3 for City of Falls Church is as follows:OPEN:
CITY EMPLOYEES: Unscheduled leave, but check with your supervisor.
The federal government will be open Friday, according to the Office of Personnel Management. Federal employees have the option of using unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework.
Who to Call
- Power Outages: Report to Dominion Virginia Power via their website or 866-DOM-HELP (866-366-4357).
- Stay away from downed lines and call Dominion Virginia Power to report lines down in your area. Do not try to drive over or around downed lines.
- Trees/Limbs in Public Spaces and Roadways: Call 703-248-5181during office hours (if City government is open); call the Police non-emergency number, 703-241-5053, after hours
- Snow Removal Policy for Residents and Businesses:www.fallschurchva.gov/SnowRemoval
- Snow Emergency Routes: www.fallschurchva.gov/SnowRoutes
- TIP: Wait to shovel your sidewalk and driveway aprons until after the plows have gone by, or else the plows will push the snow back onto the shoveled areas!
- The Virginia Department of Transportation keeps a map with all incidents, road work and closures here: 511virginia.org
- Follow @ffxconnector on Twitter for updates about Fairfax Connector bus services and check wmata.com for Metro alerts and information.
- Driving tips for wintry weather here from AAA Mid-Atlantic.