On Monday, Dec. 9, all Fairfax County public schools will be closed, and administrative offices will open at 12 noon, FCPS announced Sunday.
No word Sunday night if Falls Church City Public Schools will be closed.
- Check back for additional closings and delayed openings.
The following activities in Fairfax County schools and on school grounds are canceled:
- extracurricular activities
- interscholastic contests
- team practices
- field trips
- middle school after-school programs
- professional learning and training courses
- all adult and community education classes
- recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
- School Age Child Care (SACC) centers.
Monday, Dec. 9 School Board Meetings
Due to inclement weather, the Monday, Dec. 9 Fairfax County School Board work sessions are rescheduled as follows:
- 11:30 a.m. - Audit Committee meeting
- 12:30 p.m. - All-day work sessions
For Monday night, a "a slight chance of rain before 3 a.m., then a slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent."