The Falls Church City Public Schools Board will accept letters of interest to fill an open spot left vacant by the .
Qualified applicants must be City of Falls Church residents and cannot be FCCPS employees.
Candidates must also:
- have experience with and knowledge of FCCPS;
- be a strong advocate for our schools and the importance of a world class education for every child;
- be collaborative, seeking out and listening to the perspectives of all members of the school community;
- understand and have experience with the FCCPS budgeting process; and
- have knowledge of educational best practices and research.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest to Marty Gadell no later than noon Sept. 10th.
FCCPS officials said the letter should address why the applicant is seeking an appointment to the board; what are some of the key issues they see facing the board; what school division advisory boards they have served on; what could they contribute to the board and what is their interpretation of what the job means.
Aguerrebere spent six years on the school board before resigning earlier this month. She and her husband are moving to California. Aguerrebere’s last official day was Aug. 24.
Candidates who have questions may contact any current member of the school board.