Each week, hundreds of student-athletes across the National District take the fields and courts to show off their talent and fight for a win.
But Patch wants to know which games are the must-sees for sports fans across Northern Virginia. Which truly rise above the rest?
This season, we put the ball in your court as we look for a Patch Game of the Week, featuring the game that earns the most votes at the end of each polling period.
Here's how it works:
- Each Thursday, Patch editors will pick a handful of matchups between National District schools scheduled for the next Monday through Friday.
- Students, parents, teachers and other community members will have five days to vote for which game should be named "Patch's Game of the Week."
- On Monday, the game with the most votes will win special coverage.
This week, the choices are:
- Cross Country: Falls Church, Wakefield, Hayfield, Edison (5 p.m. Sept 18)
- Yorktown vs Washington-Lee Field Hockey (7:30 p.m. Sept. 20)
- Mt. Vernon vs Falls Church Field Hockey (7:30 p.m. Sept. 20)
- Cross Country: Stuart, Mt. Vernon, Yorktown, Washington-Lee (5 p.m. Sept. 18)
This week, voting begins at 5 a.m. Thursday and ends at 11:59 am. Monday. Only one vote per user — tell your friends and family to log on to pick their favorite, too!
Do you have a suggestion for a Patch Game of the Week later this season? Email erica.hendry at patch.com.