Good Morning Everybody and welcome to the 2012 Major League Baseball Season!
For many teams, including the Washington Nationals, today is opening day and the start of a long season. There will be many great storylines and I'll keep all of you tuned in with those and many more nuggets during the course of the season. I plan to post blogs weekly so feel free to leave any comments or questions!
The first question is all about the National League East. Being a Phillies fan, I’m interested to know who you all think will win the NL East this year? The season is just underway but what team in the NL East did the best in adding more talent and which teams didn’t help themselves?
I think the Phillies will win it, but it’s going to be a sweat. It’s going to come down to the last couple of days.
Here’s how I predict the NL East will finish:
- Phillies (Starting pitching trumps all.)
- Marlins (Too much talent not finish here and for what it’s worth, they’ll be one of the two wild card teams.)
- Braves (Solid starting pitching and bullpen. Their lineup is a little sketchy.)
- Nationals (I think they finish above 500. They’ll be a good team in the future, just not this season.)
- Mets (Two words: Bernie Madoff!)