- Stop bullies: The Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center will hold a meeting Monday night at 6:30 p.m. on "Bullying Prevention, Everyone's Responsibility - What Parents Can Do!" at the Fairfax County Government Center. More details here on their Facebook page.
- Restaurant discount: If you're in the military, active or retired, be sure to check out this discount on Mondays for military at Applebee's in Falls Church.
- The Falls Church City Council meets Monday at 7:30 p.m. Here's the agenda.
- Business forecast: Interested in the local economy? This event "The Impact of Economic Trends on Regional Development," organized by the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce Tuesday morning is sold out, but you can follow along on Twitter by looking for hashtag #EconomicSummit. Find Fairfax County Chamber on Twitter here.
- Get ready to vote: If you're going to be busy or can't make it to your polling place for some reason next Tuesday, you can vote absentee until Saturday. Get all the details on the City of Falls Church Office of Voter Registration and Elections.
- Feeling creative? Creative Cauldron, 410 S. Maple Ave. in Falls Church, presents "Tales from the Brothers Grimm" starting Friday. Tickets are $12 to $15. (A discount coupon for Sunday is available here.) Performances will continue weekends through Nov. 24.
- The Woodrow Wilson Library, which closed for renovation in late August, will open Nov. 2 in its temporary quarters at 6066 Leesburg Pike, Main Level, Falls Church, VA 22041. The renovation is expected to take 18 months. The temporary site will offer a 10,000-item collection with a sampling from every genre, a small children’s area, 10 Internet stations, technology tutoring and a small (up to eight people) conference room.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something