Basket Decorating Workshop: (Cherry Hill Farmhouse, 312 Park Ave.), Saturday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Bring your own basket and enjoy historic Cherry Hill Farmhouse for a morning lesson in decoration. All materials, other than baskets, will be provided. Registration is required and the cost is $12. For more information and reservations please call 703-248-5171
Natural Egg-Dying Workshop: Learn to decorate eggs the old-fashioned way! This workshop takes place on Saturday. Enjoy historic Cherry Hill Farmhouse and spend the afternoon naturally dying your Easter eggs. We supply the materials, you decorate! Registration is required and the cost is $8. For more information and reservations please call 703-248-5171 (Patch is checking on the time of this event and will update as soon as we have it.)
Easter Hat Tea (Cherry Hill Farmhouse, 312 Park Ave.), Sunday from 1-3 pm; what better way to begin spring than with a friend at this delightful talk and tea? Victorian Society presenter Linda Lau will display select hats from her private collection and discuss Easter traditions, old and new, during the Victorian Era. Afterward, all guests will retire to the lovely dining room for a full tea of sandwiches, assorted sweets, warm scones, and a bottomless cup of tea. Registration is required and the cost is $35. Space is limited. For more information and reservations please call 703-248-5171.
Other events taking place Saturday in Falls Church:
- Farmers Market (City Hall Parking Lot, 300 Park Ave.) with extended hours, open from 8am to Noon
- Budget Town Hall #2 (Council Chambers, City Hall, 300 Park Ave.), 10 am to Noon
- Leaf Mulch Loading Event (Recycling Center, 217 Gordon Rd.), 8 am to 2 pm; free double-ground leaf mulch is available at the Recycling Center for City residents, non-residents, and business owners. On Leaf Mulch Load Day, City crews will use heavy equipment to load open bed vehicles.
- Volunteer Opportunity: Neighborhood Tree Planting (601 Knollwood Dr.), 8:30 am to Noon; the City's Urban Forestry Dept. joins the Falls Church Village Preservation Society (VPIS) for this tree planting volunteer event. Wear dirt-friendly clothes, gloves, and heavy shoes. Children must be chaperoned. Contact Seth Heminway to volunteer, firstname.lastname@example.org> or 703-536-3049.
- Volunteer Opportunity: Habitat Restoration Planting (Crossman Park, meet at the Van Buren end of the trail), 10 am to Noon; join the City of Falls Church Habitat Restoration Team in restoring the local ecosystem in city parks. This includes on-going removal of invasive vegetation and replanting with native species when plants are available. Wear comfortable clothes, boots/heavy shoes, gloves.
- Free Yard Waste Composting Workshop (Cherry Hill Park pavilion, 312 Park Ave.), 10 am to 11:30 am; learn how to compost! Topics include: leaf mulching in your yard, yard waste composting, hands-on composting demo, making compost tea, proper food waste composting, and vermicomposting. Each participant will receive a free compost bin. Register with Sandra Tarpinian, Master Gardener, at email@example.com or 703-536-7186.